Friday, January 05, 2007

Thurnesday

Last Wednesday night, as I was about to fall asleep, I realized I had forgotten about a pending task, so I decided to enter it in my calendar. I was surprised to see the date: Thursday, Jan 4th, 07. The time was still before midnight -puzzled, I got up and checked the time on my computer -same date. Well, if it was an error on my computer clock, it could have easily transferred to my calendar, so I did an update with the time server -the date and time were correct. Even though I now had proof that it was Thursday, I had a very strong feeling it was Wednesday, so still unsatisfied, I checked the date on several websites - Thursday still.

How could this be? Whatever happened to Wednesday? Where are my 24 lost hours? And the most interesting part: how could I miss a day and still not have any missing entries in my calendar? Well, the logical answer seems obvious now -I was transported to a parallel universe by some kind of freak natural event. other than the missing Wednesday everything seems to be pretty much the same -wait, this could be great! Let me check something, hopefully.....
....no, (sigh) we still have the same President.

No comments: