Saturday, December 31, 2005

05 = 100/20

Today is the last day of the year, and I want to dedicate this post to that fact.

Amazingly, we are one twentieth of the way into the not-so-new century XXI.

Thinking back to the year 2000, I realize these past years have brought radical change to my life. The disquieting part is that I can't say if my life is better now or then. I realize this means it is probably both. Though I have not traveled society's mainstream lifestyle since my childhood, I was pretty close to it around 2000. Many things were good, but I now realize I was heading in the wrong direction. Today, things are still not perfect, but at least I can see where I am headed, and it is a better place.

May the next twentieth of a century bring peace and happiness to us all.

2 comments:

Luna said...

Where are you headed? I don't know where I am going in life... I navigate by sight. Happy 2006 to you!

Al said...

I don't know my destination, I have never been there. But I figure that if I head to an area of my choice and don't change course, I'll probably like what I find there.

Happy New Year to you!