Saturday, December 10, 2005

Water

Another beautiful blue winter day. I went for a bike ride again. Not far from where I live, there is a park on the shores of the lake. There is a beach, grass, and marshlands. A boardwalk making its way through the marshlands allows visitors to observe the environment without damaging it. On the beach side, a pier leads well into the lake, and is wide enough for a bike. I like biking on that pier, it feels like I am biking in the lake -technically, I guess am biking in the lake.
Whenever I find myself in front of a large body of water. I experience calm, peace, a certain change in the perception of time. As if all worries were made smaller, less significant, dilluted.

When I am on a ship I like to spend most of the time outside -the bow, preferably-, just staring at the sea. For some reason I cannot get bored nor tired when I do this.

But summer is best, when the air is warm, and sun, sea, and sky paint each other with fiery color, and the breeze carries the scent of the ocean.

1 comment:

Luna said...

Hey, greetings from Italy.. I think that your blog is coming out really good. To post about your everyday life adds to it... It helps your readers to know who you are. I too love to be near the water, especially in good weather. I can't wait to have another great summer in Seattle!