Saturday, June 06, 2009

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator

I find that knowing my own and other people's personality types can be helpful to understand behavior and motivation, and therefore help find the logic in apparently confusing or contradictory behavior. This tool can then help counteract the classical mistake of assuming that behavior in others is caused by the same motivations or understanding of the world as one's own.

Type selector >

Test >

This is what I got:

Your Type is INTJ

Strength of the preferences %

Introverted - 78
Intuitive - 75
Thinking - 38
Judging - 22

What did you get...?

4 comments:

Luna said...

I got the same.... the description I read says that the INTJ profile is very rare, occurring only in about 1% of the population. So, what's more likely? That you and I are among the few elects, or that this figure is wrong?

I think there is a substantial bias here: in the test, people describe themselves the way they wish they were, not the way they actually are.

Anonymous said...

The type is rare but it's an active type on the Net

Al said...

Statistically speaking, the largest type is about 15%, I believe. You could apply the same reasoning there, that they are more likely to get the wrong results than to belong to that particular group -yet everyone falls into some type.

Anonymous said...

In general the "NT" are out of and are the ruling class but you know this. I'd be guessing which single category ranks 15% but in the world it would be one of the "Artisan" in the USA might be a "Guardian"